This work-shop will give your managers a general understanding of good practice around injury management and returning injured workers back to work. Importantly it will provide them the confidence to deal with people who have sustained an injury in the workplace and need to be managed back to their pre-injury role.
Using real life scenarios and case discussion, your managers will be able to link the key learning outcomes back to their everyday interaction with their employees.
The session is offered as on-site and is best delivered over 3 hours however can be tailored to suit your specific needs. The session will cover amongst other things:
- Overview of the WorkCover scheme including entitlement to compensation
- Responding to injuries in the workplace whether work related or not
- Injury management versus performance management – setting expectations
- Setting goals for return to work and measuring outcomes
- Reasonable management action and its effect on entitlement to compensation
Who should attend?
This interactive work-shop is designed for all line managers within your business with the responsibility of managing staff.